Friday, June 27, 2014

Burgers, Texas style!

While visiting Dallas a few weeks ago, our tour took us to an area called Deep Ellum, which is home to Twisted Root Burger Co. Of course, the foodie in me had to go there after the tour to check it out, since it had been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network.



Twisted Root Burger Co is, as it's name implies, a burger joint. They had just about any kind of burger you could imagine, from traditional beef to ostrich and elk, just to name a few. They also have some pretty cool sides, or "fried stuff" as they call them-fried pickles, fried green beans, and sweet potato chips to name a few. 

I had the Southern Burger, which was the specialty burger if the day. The Southern burger was a beef burger with fried green tomatoes, barbecue sauce and bacon. It was definitely one of the best burgers I've ever had.


My mom and I spit an order of onion rings. I'm not a big onion ring guy, but these were pretty tasty.


These signs were posted around the restaurant. I thought they were pretty funny.





Well, if you're in the Dallas area and need somewhere casual and amazing to eat. Be sure to stop in.
Twisted Root Burger Company on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment