Sunday, May 18, 2014

2nd date: Vapiano!

So, I had my second date with the guy in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago. It started out pretty good. He took me to an Italian restaurant in Uptown Charlotte named Vapiano.


Vapiano is actually a restaurant concept founded in Germany. It's a pretty neat idea, but I kind of prefer a traditional restaurant concept.

So, let me tell you how this works. You walk in, the hostess greets you and gives you a card. You then walk to the chefs behind the glass walls and let them know what you want, scan your card and wait. While you wait, you can order more food from a different station, grab a drink from the bar or just chill. Everything you order gets placed on the card given to you by the hostess and at the end of your meal, you give the card back to the hostess to pay your bill. Interesting right? 

The thing I didn't like was if I needed something I had to get it myself. No one came to check on us, and when my date did ask an employee that was passing by for something, he just shrugged it off. I wasn't amused.

Despite the interesting concept and customer service, the food was pretty good. It is all freshly made and all herbs are grown in house. We ordered the bruschetta trio for an appetizer. I loved it, he thought it was weird-poor guy. 


As an entree, I had the spinach ravioli. It was delish! 


I'd definitely recommend Vapiano for a meal in Charlotte. I think it'd be a great place for a casual lunch or chill date. 

In case you're wondering, the rest of my date didn't go so well.

Vapiano on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment