Monday, September 9, 2013

Yummy! Tupelo Honey!

Tonight I had dinner at Tupelo Honey in downtown Greenville with a friend of mine, Sassy Cali-N-te. I had visited one of the Asheville, NC locations for breakfast sometime ago but this was a first for me in the new restaurant downtown. 

To drink we both had the Cool as a Cucumber. It was amazing! I was a little hesitant at first when ordering the drink because every other cucumber drink I've had has been overpowered with cucumber flavor. Of course, the one ingredient that stood out to me was St. Germain. After a discussion with my waitress I decided I should try it. 


To eat I had the shrimp tacos. Let me tell you, I have been craving tacos all week and the fact they had them just made my day. They were quite delish! There were two tacos with my choice of a side. I went for the fried parmesean corn on the cob-a must try if you ask me.


Sassy Cali-N-te had the grilled cheese with tomato soup. She loved it. She was a little hesitant on the soup at first but she said she was glad she did substitute it. She actually at more of it than the sandwich and she is a grilled cheese enthusiast. 

 
Service was adequate. I seem to like that word lately. She said she liked us, probably because we were too busy talking to require much. 
Tupelo Honey Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Still haven't made it to Tupelo Honey... I need to make that a priority, especially after reading your description of the shrimp tacos! Thanks for the review, and looking forward to more restaurant reviews... PS I would be honored if you followed me back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize I wasn't following you back. Sorry about that. Following you now

      Delete