Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dinner at Lowcountry Bistro

Our first meal in Charleston over the weekend took place at Lowcountry Bistro. I will say this was not on my list of highly recommended restaurants, we were literally walking down Market Street and Captain Seahorse looked at the menu outside for about 30 seconds and decided we should eat there.

We were seated on the outside patio upstairs over looking the courtyard at the French Quarter Inn on Market Street. It was a great spot to people watch, just beware of the hookah smokers below. 

I had the sangria to drink and it was great. One of the best restaurant sangria's I have had in a while. Of course, the fact it was served in a mason jar made it that much better. I had the Carolina Crab Cakes served with red rice, collard greens and bacon remoulade for dinner. Everything was delicious except for the red rice, which I did not try. Captain Seahorse tried it, just to say he did. He wasn't a fan. I probably should have tried to switch for another side but it didn't cross my mind at the time. 




Captain Seahorse, who initially wanted seafood, decided to get the chicken and waffles. They looked quite delicious and I know he enjoyed them.


The service wasn't anything special, but was adequate. I would definitely recommend trying this place out.
Lowcountry Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment