Friday, May 10, 2013

Hidden breakfast deli...

This morning when I got off of work, I had a taste for a 3 count chicken mini combo with an orange juice from Chik-fil-a. The problem with this was 1-I was sleepy and  2-I needed to get gas. The only way I could get both was to do some extra driving, and that was simply out of the question. I decided to head in the direction of my house and stop and get gas on the way.

As I'm standimg outside pumping my gas, I keep asking myself,  "what am I going to eat?" CFA was still out of the question and I was not really feeling Mickey D's or BK Lounge,  as my old coworkers called it. I was also starting to crave grits. Yea, I know, I'm all of the place. Well then I saw it, right across the parking lot, The Deli at Pelham Falls.

The Deli at Pelham Falls is located at the intersection of Batesville Rd, Pelham Rd, and Hwy 14 behind Spinx in a small strip mall. If you weren't looking for it, or pumping gas across the parking lot, like me, you wouldn't even notice it. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The breakfast menu has a variety of breakfast sandwiches and omlettes, as well as french toast, grits, and fruit. The lunch-dinner menu looked to have a deli-style sandwiches, burgers, and salads. The deli's Boar's Head meats and cheeses are able to be ordered by the pound.

So I'm sure you're wondering what I had to eat, unless you've assumed grits, since that is what I wanted. That would be a terrible assumption because I had a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a kaiser roll with an orange juice. I would've ordered the All-American Breakfast Plate-2 eggs, grits, 2 slices of toast with your choice of am, bacon, or sausage, but I didn't see it until after I ordered.  The sandwich was great. Bacon was cooked just right, not overdone like BK's or rubbery like McD's.

I was very pleased with my surprise breakfast. I am thinking about stopping on my way to work tonight. I could go fpr a fantastic chicken salad sandwich or club. Well I have to get some rest now, work tonight and Artisphere (hopefully *fingers crossed*) and work tomorrow.







The Deli at Pelham Falls on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/158/10935/Greenville/Adventures-of-a-Southern-Fellow.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete